School travel support
Coronavirus update - Travel pass renewals
Due to One Stop Shop closures we are only accepting renewals online. If you are unable to renew online, call 233 3006 (open daily 8am-6pm) and an adviser will complete the renewal form with you over the phone.
Travel pass renewal
If you have received a letter from us about renewing your child's travel pass for the next school year, you can renew online.
Before you renew
- You will need to tell us about any change in circumstances as this may affect your application. This includes change of address or changes in benefits.
- If you have changed address and/or school your application will be assessed in accordance with the most recent Home to School Transport Policy.
If your letter states you need to pay towards the travel pass, you must pay before you renew as you will need to quote your payment reference. If you do not need to pay towards your pass, go straight to step 2 to renew the travel pass.
1. Pay first
You'll be asked to select either an Arriva, Merseytravel or Trio travel pass and input the amount stated in your renewal letter.
Remember to make a note of your payment reference number.
You will need:
- Your payment reference number (if your letter states you need to pay towards the travel pass).
- A digital passport style photograph of your child (head and shoulder shot). Read the guidance on gov.uk for passport photo requirements.
- A scanned copy of your 2020/21 Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit award letter if you are applying on low income grounds, and do not receive free school meals.
You will be prompted to upload the files during the application process. The file size of uploads should not exceed 9MB in total.
You can upload images/scanned documents from your computer, tablet or mobile device. If you prefer to send them by post or email, you can do this after you have submitted your application - the details of where to send them will be included in the confirmation email we send you.
We can only process applications once we have received all relevant documents.
What happens next?
Once we have received your application and the required documentation, it may take up to 30 days to process. If you have not heard from us after 30 days, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an update, quoting your child's name and date of birth.