Coronavirus – volunteer to help
Are you free to volunteer to help someone else?
Are you a community group that already provides help in the community?
The Liverpool Volunteer Scheme has been set up to find volunteers, organisations and businesses that can help, as well as existing groups in the community who need extra volunteers.
Who can sign up?
We want to hear from you if you can volunteer or if you represent a community group that needs extra volunteers in the coming weeks and months.
We particularly want to hear from community groups and volunteers who can offer help with:
- tackling loneliness through phone or face-to-face contact, where appropriate
- prescription collection for someone who finds themselves unable to leave the house
- community support such as transporting items between foodbanks or helping in a kitchen
We would also like to hear from businesses and organisations that can act as a 'hub' to co-ordinate the work of groups at local level.
How to sign up
Find out more and tell us how you can help by calling 0151 233 3068. Our lines are open from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week.
Alternatively, you can sign up by using the online form below.
What happens next?
If you are a volunteer we will match you with a community group who will contact you soon - although it may take a while for them to respond.
We will contact:
- community groups to find out more about the help they need
- organisations and businesses to discuss offers of help