Consultation and engagement
Consultation on the Draft Tall Buildings SPD
Start date: Monday 1st August 2022
End date: Friday 16th September 2022
We are consulting on a Draft Tall Buildings Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). It has been drafted to add detail to Local Plan policy in order to positively and pro-actively guide the development of tall buildings in the city. The SPD has the following main purposes:
- To identify what parts of Liverpool are sensitive to tall buildings in principle.
- To highlight the sensitive elements that must be considered in relation to tall building proposals.
- To advise on the locations that may be appropriate for tall buildings.
- To provide clear objectives and design guidance for tall buildings.
The documents that are the subject of the consultation are as follows:
Some of the documents above include detailed maps, drawings and images which may not be accessible to users of assistive technology. You can email email@example.com if you need further information.
A copy of the consultation documents will also be available at the following locations during normal working hours:
- Cunard Offices, Brunswick Street, Liverpool L3 1AJH
- Central Library William Brown St, Liverpool L3 8EW
How to comment
You can have your say by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Liverpool City Council, Planning and Building Control Service, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH
We will also be holding 2 virtual consultation events on:
- 17th August 10am to 12pm
- 17th August 2pm to 4pm
And an in person event in Liverpool City Centre on:
- 8th September 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Further details will be posted on the website in due course, but if you would like to attend one of these sessions please email email@example.com
The closing date for comments is Friday 16th September 2022.
What happens with my views?
Your views will be taken into account, where appropriate, when drafting the final Tall Buildings SPD.
A summary of your comments will be included in a consultation statement that planning regulations require us to prepare and will be shared with the City Council’s Cabinet and published on this website, but your name and details will not appear next to them.
All comments will be kept solely for the purposes of this consultation.
What happens next?
Following the consultation, all comments received will be considered and reflected in the final SPD where appropriate.
The outcome of the consultation and final document will then be taken to a meeting of the City Council’s Cabinet for approval to adopt as a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD), in late 2022. The SPD will then support the adopted Liverpool Local Plan and be used as part of the planning policy framework in the consideration of planning applications.
If adopted by Cabinet, all documents will be published on Liverpool City Council’s website and an Adoption Notice will be issued.
If you have any questions about this consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org