Plan making in Liverpool
Local Plan Examination
Liverpool City Council submitted the Submission Draft Liverpool Local Plan for independent examination in May 2018.
The submitted documents include the following:
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Policies Map and City Centre Inset Policies Map May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report (including Technical Appendices and Non-Technical Summary) including Strategic Environmental Assessment and incorporating Equalities Impact Assessment and Health Impact assessment
- Infrastructure Delivery Programme 2018
- Regulation 22 Statement Of Consultation
- Copies of ‘duly made’ representations received following publication of the Pre-Submission Liverpool Local Plan (Regulation 20), and
- Other supporting documents and information relevant to the preparation of the Local Plan.
In December 2018 the independent Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State sent a list of initial detailed comments and questions to the City Council.
The City Council responded in September 2019 and in May 2020 the inspector issued his matters and issues questions. At that time a timetable for the examination hearings was published indicating that they would take place in mid August.
On 1st July 2020 the Inspector postponed the start of the hearings on 18th August 2020. No new alternative dates have yet been set but the anticipation is to hold the hearings in October.
Once revised dates have been established the Programme Officers website (see link below) will be updated and participants notified by the Programme Officer.
All of the Examination Documents can be read and downloaded from the Programme Officers website, via the link below.
Helen Wilson is the Programme Officer for the Examination, she is an impartial officer of the Examination and works under the direction of the Inspector.
The Programme Officer publishes documentation and other details about the Local Plan Examination, including the Examination Documents list.
More documents and details will be posted as they are produced.