View our live map of roadworks
Our live map allows you to filter for the following information via the 'what's on this map' in the top right-hand side:
- live traffic
- road closures
- diversions and events
- roadworks planned for a future date by selecting up to twelve months ahead using the box to the top right of the map.
You can also zoom in on the map to get a detailed view of works.
Roadworks - weekly summary
Our weekly list is a brief summary of major roadworks and events to help you plan your journey around the Liverpool area. The live map above gives a more comprehensive list of all roadworks in the city. Details of any emergency work that has a major impact on our road network will be published on Twitter @lpoolcouncil.
Updated Friday 7th January 2022
Great Howard Street/Derby Road, L5
Liverpool City Council highway improvement works between Millers Bridge and Leeds Street have resulted in lane restrictions until February 2022.
Lime Street, L2
Liverpool City Council highway improvement works have resulted in lane restrictions until February 2022.
Smithdown Lane, L7
Morgan Sindall crane activities between Elm Grove and Grinfield Street have resulted a road closure until March 2022.
Walton Lane, L4
Liverpool City Council highway improvement works between Anfield Road and Queens Drive have resulted in lane restrictions and temporary signals until February 2022.
Walton Road/County Road, L4
Liverpool City Council highway improvement works between Spellow Lane and Weldon Street have resulted in lane restrictions and temporary signals until March 2022.
West Derby Street, L7
Laing O’Rourke redevelopment of the Royal Liverpool University Hospital has resulted in lane restrictions and a temporary one-way system from Crown Street to Low Hill until August 2022.
Pop-up cycle lanes
- Stanley Road/Melrose Road/Vauxhall Road
- Sefton Park Road/Kingsley Road/Myrtle Street/Jubilee Drive
- Bold Street – road closed from Newington to Berry Street between the hours of 10am to 11pm
- Castle Street - road closed from Dale Street to Cook Street between the hours of 10am to 11pm
- Lark Lane – one way driving restriction from Hargreaves Road to Linnet Lane
Major planned projects
Over the next few years we’re improving key routes that are in poor condition and carry large volumes of traffic. Unfortunately, there will be short-term disruption but we’ll do everything we can to keep things moving. Visit the Better Roads pages for more information or follow the project on Twitter @BetterRoadsLiv.
- BT: 0800 800 150
- Cadent Gas: 0800 111999
- Scottish Power Energy Networks: 0800 001 5400
- Highways England: 0300 123 5000
- United Utilities: 0345 672 3723
- Virgin Media: 0845 454 1111