Green Homes Grant

If you rent from a private landlord or own your home, receive an income under £30,000 and/or receive a qualifying benefit you may be eligible for a grant.

If you rent your property from a private landlord and do qualify, your landlord must also agree to the work and contribute to its cost.

Potential improvements to make your house warmer and reduce energy bills will vary depending on the individual property, but may include:

  • cavity/solid wall insulation
  • loft insulation
  • under floor insulation
  • alternative heating systems such as air source heat pumps and solar PV panels

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for funding if you are a home owner with a household income of less than £30,000 a year, or also in receipt of a qualifying benefit (listed below), and your home has no Energy Performance Certificate or has a rating of D, E, F or G. Check if your home has an Energy Performance Certificate.

List of qualifying welfare benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-Based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit
  • Pension Guarantee Credit (excluding Pension Savings Credit)
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits
  • Contribution-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Contribution-Based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Housing Benefit

How to apply

If you meet the above criteria, call Healthy Homes on freephone 0800 012 1754 and quote 'Green Homes Grant' for a discussion. Alternatively email us at healthyhomes​programme​

What happens next?

If we think you are eligible, we will ask you to complete an application. If your application is accepted, a Liverpool City Council approved company will carry out a survey and arrange any improvement works.

Work must be completed by March 2023.