Homeless or at risk?
At risk of becoming homeless?
At our Housing Options service, based in St John’s Market, we may be able to help you if you think you could lose your home within the next 56 days (eight weeks).
To get help from us, you must also qualify under immigration rules - this means that you must be:
- a British or Irish citizen
- an EU citizen working in the UK or with the permanent right to live in the UK
- allowed to claim benefits in the UK if you are from outside the EU
We will work with you for up to eight weeks to you prevent you becoming homeless and a further eight weeks if you do lose your home.
How to find usHousing Options
First Floor of St John’s Market
St John's Precinct
Opening times and appointments
Monday to Friday 9-5pm. Please arrive by 4pm to be seen that day.
You can also visit any other One Stop Shop outside of the city centre to book an appointment with Housing Options.
When you visit us
Please bring information that supports what you tell us. This might include:
- proof of identity or immigration status
- an eviction notice
- proof of any medical conditions
- a GP’s letter that proves you are pregnant