Working for us
Liverpool City Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to the fair treatment of our staff, potential staff and service users, regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
We respect the diversity of all employees and monitor our workforce and employment policies by race, gender and disability.
We actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates, including those with criminal records.
We select all candidates for interview based on skills, qualifications and experience.
You can find out more about the council's equal opportunities policy in the equality, diversity and cohesion section.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people