Let's Ride Pop-up events - May and June 2019
These will take place at Croxteth Park on the following dates at 10:30am
- Sat 18th May 2019
- Sat 15th June 2019
- Sat 13th July 2019
Liverpool Chester Liverpool bike ride - Sunday 7th July 2019
A family friendly non-competitive bike ride raising money for Claire House Children's Hospice. Find out more and how to enter.
HSBC UK Let's Ride Liverpool 2019 - 28th July 2019
Princes Park on Sunday 28th July 2019 at 11am. This events is free and ideal for the whole family. Come along to:
- ask ride leaders about led rides and women-only rides in your area
- chat to knowledgeable volunteers about all things cycling
Find out more by visiting the Let’s Ride website.
Cycle Speke - every Saturday at 10am (for 10.15am start)
For a free friendly bike ride, meet us at Speke Fire Station, Cartwrights Farm Road, L24 1UY.
Pool bikes and cycle helmets are available free of charge - you need to arrive at 10am to get kitted out. Rides are led by trained Cycle Leaders and are suitable for most abilities and last for around 2½ hours, including a coffee stop. Every few weeks a longer ride is planned. Rides are chosen from the following routes: 'The Prom', Croxteth Park, Calderstones Park, the Loop Line, Pier Head, Speke Hall, Fiddlers Ferry Tavern, Norton Priory, Victoria park, Pickerings Pasture.
Healthiness cycle rides
We provide exercise and health education sessions for older and vulnerable adults in the community that are fun, enjoyable and adapted to your health needs. Rides cost £1 with refreshments and take place on:
- Tuesdays: 1-3pm starting at Broadgreen Hospital.
- Wednesdays: 1-3pm starting at Mossley Hill Hospital Reception, Park Avenue, L18 8BU.
- Thursdays: 1-3pm starting at Croxteth Park.
All rides are off-road, last about two hours and are led by qualified ride leaders. Bikes and equipment are provided free of charge. For more information, please contact James at Healthiness on 0151 728 8874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rides with BNENC Ltd and Everton in the Community
From the Breckfield Centre (BNENC), Breckfield Road North, Liverpool L5 4QT.
- Wednesdays at 10am - women only cycling group. Led by two female cycle leaders, we leave the Breckfield Centre and cycle round a different park each week. Free, with bikes, helmets and high visibility waterproof jackets provided - just bring yourself. Contact Kerry on 07598 837 309 to join.
- Thursdays at 10am – mixed cycling group. All rides are led by trained leaders and cycle assistants. Rides last no longer than three hours and are designed to engage in a warm and friendly way. All rides have breaks and go at the speed of the slowest rider. For more information please email email@example.com or call 0151 288 8400.
- Fridays at 10am - drop-in/bike maintenance and information.
HSBC UK and British Cycling rides
Breeze – free bike rides for women
Breeze is the biggest programme ever to get more women into riding bikes for fun. Our aim is to help thousands more women feel confident and comfortable about going on a ride. Find out more, including start times and locations.
Liverpool Wheels for All
Liverpool Wheels for All is aimed at individuals, groups and families who are unable to ride a two wheeled cycle due to a physical and/or learning difficulty, in a safe, traffic free environment. Through the use of adapted cycles Cycling Projects hopes to make cycling accessible to all. Rides take place at two sites in the city, Wavertree Sports Park, and Croxteth Park. For more information on ride times go to the Wheels for All website.
Liverpool Visually Impaired Tandem Club
Would you like to join the Liverpool Visually Impaired Tandem Club? We cycle out most weeks and whether you come once a week, once a month or occasionally we always welcome new front riders (and back). For more information please contact Kathy 0151 221 0888 or email Don at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merseyside Cycling Campaign
Merseyside Cycling Campaign supports all local and regional cycle groups, consults with the city on a number of cycle-related issues and holds events throughout the year, including Bike Week. You can pick up a copy of their Pedal Press newsletter in a bike shop or any One Stop Shop.
The No Likey Lycra Bikey Klub - every Tuesday at 6pm
Meet at Newsham Park Cafe, do a few social circuits of the park and then back for a free brew. NLLBK is designed to encourage people back into the saddle and start using a bike again, for work, for pleasure, for anything. Get fit, have fun and meet new people. Find out more on our Facebook page.
Free pop-up bike servicing and safety checks across Liverpool. Like our Facebook page to find out where we are next or suggest somewhere we should visit.