All one-to-one business and IP advice sessions are moving online until further notice.
To book an online appointment, please email email@example.com.
Business & IP Centre Liverpool
Based on the first floor of Central Library, the Business & IP Centre Liverpool can support you if you're looking to start or grow your business.
From taking those first steps to successfully launching and developing a business, you will find people and business resources here to help you.
Working with a range of partner organisations we can offer:
- Free access to Business and Intellectual Property databases and publications including market research, company data, business news plus information about intellectual property to protect your ideas
- Access to business advisers and experts including our Entrepreneur In Residence, Councillor Gary Millar, Liverpool’s Mayoral Lead for Business and International Growth
- Workshops and events to help you get to grips with all aspects of starting and growing a business including access to chartered patent attorneys and information specialists
- Inspiring spaces that will help you to think creatively and meet like-minded people
- Signposting to other business related events and activities within the Liverpool area
Find out a bit more about the Business & IP Centre Liverpool by watching this short video.
If you're a member of Liverpool Libraries, you can access some of our subscriptions at home by logging in with your library card (beginning with LVP). These include:
- Cobra - Business reference adviser.
- Kompass - Detailed profiles of more than 4.6 million companies worldwide.
Cisco Networking Academy® online course
In partnership with the Cisco Networking Academy®, we're offering the free online course below to help you kickstart your new business venture.
This will help to provide business and financial skills, attitudes, and behaviours to help develop an entrepreneurial mindset. The course incorporates interactive, online case studies designed to help students learn business skills within the context of starting your own business. Case studies introduce basic business and financial concepts including:
- Making a business successful
- Using marketing and communication tools and analysing research results
- Preparing growth plans
- Using social media as a research, marketing, and sales tool
- Outsourcing services
- Recognising expansion opportunities
This course offers an introduction into how to develop your business. It highlights skills and knowledge that you will need to jump start your ideas and to take the next steps with more confidence.
It has seven modules that include practical activities and quizzes to test your understanding, and will take approximately 10-15 hours to complete. No previous knowledge is required, and students who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion. The course is only available in English.
Events and drop-in sessions
All events and drop in sessions are held in the Business & IP Centre, first floor, Central Library:
- Entrepreneur in Residence drop-in advice session with Cllr Gary Millar and team – every Thursday from 1pm to 4pm.
- Trademarks advice with Kate Cruse (Forresters) – first Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm (booking necessary). To book, email library enquiries or call 0151 233 5835.
- Copyright and contract law advice with Francis McEntegart (McEntegart Legal Ltd) – second Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm (booking necessary). To book, email library enquiries or call 0151 233 5835.
- Patents advice with Dr Les Prichard (Culverstons) – last Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm (booking necessary). To book, email library enquiries or call 0151 233 5835.
- Business website advice drop-in with Peter Dunning (Digital Config) – last Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm.
- Patents clinic (Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys) – first Tuesday of the month from 5pm to 7.30pm (booking necessary). To book, email library enquiries or call 0151 233 5835.
- Be your own boss (St Helens Chamber of Commerce) – second Wednesday of the month from 2.00pm to 4.15pm.
If you would like further information or want to speak to the BIPC team, please contact us.
The Business & IP Centre Liverpool is part of a national network in partnership with the British Library and Intellectual Property Office. Support is provided by the Department for Communities and Local Government and Arts Council England.
Liverpool City Region Enterprise Hub
If you're looking for advice and support to start or grow your new business in the Liverpool City Region, Enterprise Hub is here to help.
Launched in 2016 to help budding entrepreneurs across Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, St Helens, Sefton and Wirral, enterprise experts are on hand to provide advice and training to men and women in the city region - whether you're just starting out or have been trading for a while in the region and are looking to expand.
As a strategic partner, the Business & IP Centre holds events and clinics and provides access to library resources to encourage wider participation from diverse communities across the region.
To find out more about the support available through the Enterprise Hub phone 0151 706 8113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.