Libraries phased reopening timetable
Liverpool's libraries are reopening on a phased basis. All timings are subject to the government's roadmap out of lockdown being met. Our order and collect service will also continue.
Covid-safe measures will be in force in all libraries. All visitors must wear a face covering, socially distance and give their contact details for Test and Trace. We will not be reintroducing reservation charges until 21st June 2021.
The Home Library Service will continue to provide books to vulnerable customers across the city.
Libraries open with access to books and computers
The following libraries are open for browsing and computer use.
- Central Library including the archive floor – Monday to Saturday 10am to 3pm. The archive's search room is open 10.30am-2.30pm Monday to Saturday. Find out more about the search room and how to book an appointment.
- Allerton Library – Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10am to 3pm
- Fazakerley Library – Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- Garston Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 3pm
- Norris Green Library – Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 10am to 3pm
- Sefton Park Library – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 3pm
- Spellow Library – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Wavertree Library – Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Parklands Library – Thursday and Friday 10am to 3pm
How to book a computer
To book a computer in Central Library please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 0151 233 5835. For computer bookings in the community libraries, please use the contact details on our Order and collect services page.
Libraries open with no access to computers
- Dovecot – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 2pm
- Croxteth – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9am to 2pm
- Breck Road – Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 2pm
- Lee Valley Library – Thursday 10am to 3pm
- Old Swan Library – Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10am to 3pm
- Toxteth Library – Monday and Tuesday 10am to 3pm
Plus the re-introduction of Saturday opening at Allerton Library, Central Library and Norris Green Library from
The remaining three libraries reopen. It is also expected we will phase in a return to pre-pandemic opening hours and reintroduce events and courses from late summer onwards.