Adult social care
Our Liverpool - support for refugees and asylum seekers
Our Liverpool helps vulnerable migrants, people seeking asylum and those with refugee status:
- get the support they are entitled to get
- live independent and healthy lives
- contribute their skills to Liverpool society
What do we do?
We help with the following:
- Education: We get school-aged children into a classroom as fast as possible, and work with schools and other organisations to make this happen.
- Community development: Our team members based in Picton, Tuebrook and Kensington children’s centres link those in need up with all the services they are entitled to access.
- Money and housing: As soon as a person gains refugee status, we want to reduce their risk of becoming homeless by helping them set up a bank account, find housing and apply for a job or benefits.
- Employment: We help refugees find a job, work experience or a chance to volunteer or study.
- Migrant rough sleeping: We work with existing services to help European Union migrants find a place to live and stop them becoming homeless.
- Wellbeing: We will provide more places on the 5 ways to wellbeing course for people new to our city, as well as other learners.
- Learning English: English classes with a crèche are open to people with refugee status or asylum seekers who have been waiting a decision for over six months.
How can I access help?
Is you are a refugee or asylum seeker in Liverpool, or you know someone who would benefit from our help, please contact us.